Some of the activities by AFA member groups in ONE YEAR:
- Art programs for over 10,000 children conducted free of charge:
– Hands-on musical instrument demonstrations in schools – 2,555 children.
– Theater actor training in public schools -135 students.
– Musical theater performances at public schools – 4000 students.
– Opera performances at elementary schools – 375 students.
– Classes and workshops on cameras and photography – 500 children.
– Summer Art Camps on drawing, painting, and crafting – 576 youth.
– Instruction on classical choral music performance in high schools – 1,250 students.
– Fine arts workshops at the Arts for All festival – 915 children.
– Philharmonic Orchestra performance for special needs children – 249 children
– Special program and publication of a children’s Haiku poetry book – 4,082 children
Arts for All is an organization of major art groups in Lawton that was formed in 1977 to collectively foster and fund the arts in our community. It provides an exceptional synergy of people with a wide variety of interests working together to ensure the presence and survival of the arts in Southwest Oklahoma. AFA member groups present world-class arts events and extend arts into the schools and throughout the community to well over 100,000 people each year. In addition, AFA member groups provide the volunteers needed to present major arts events such as the AFA Festival and the AFA Gala. These events let the public enjoy the arts, as funds are raised to help support the member art groups.